MITP Program Eligibility
Effective August 10, 2017, the MassTech Intern Partnership Program is no longer accepting applications for Summer 2017.
What companies are eligible to participate?
Companies eligible to participate in the MTIP summer program must meet the following criteria:
- Be in the Massachusetts digital technology sector. Priority focus areas for 2017 include: cybersecurity, digital health, Internet of Things (IoT), or robotics;
- Be headquartered and have operations in Massachusetts;
- Have less than 100 employees globally; and
- Hire an eligible summer intern (MTIP can support up to 2 eligible interns per company, per program period).
What interns are eligible to participate?
Eligible student interns for the MTIP summer program MUST be:
- A Massachusetts resident currently enrolled at or a recent graduate of a two- or four-year college or university (Preference for Class of 2016, 2017, or 2018);
- A student currently enrolled at or a recent graduate of a Massachusetts two- or four-year college or university (Preference for Class of 2016, 2017, or 2018); or
- A graduate student or recent advanced degree recipient who is a Massachusetts resident or who is enrolled at a Massachusetts graduate school. Recent graduates must have completed their advanced degree program in 2016 or 2017.
MTIP summer interns MAY be:
- Service members and members of the National Guard and Reserve who are Massachusetts residents, graduates of 2-year or 4-year colleges, and have transitioned from active duty to veteran status within the past 18 months (DD-214 documentation marking the date of your transition will be necessary).
MTIP summer interns may NOT be:
- Anyone who is the spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, niece, nephew, or spouse of a child, grandchild, sibling, niece, or nephew of ANY employee of the company; and/or
- Anyone whose internship is supported by another state-sponsored program during the period covered by MassTech's program.
Need more information? Email us at email@example.com.