Companies eligible to participate in the MTIP summer program must meet the following criteria:
· Be in the Massachusetts digital technology sector which includes, but is not limited to: software and hardware, robotics, big data, digital interactive games and media, digital marketing, digital health, consumer tech, fintech, edtech and mobile applications.
· Be headquartered and have operations in Massachusetts
· Have less than 100 employees globally
· Hire an eligible summer intern (MTIP can support up to 2 eligible interns per company, per program period)
Eligible student interns for the MTIP summer program must be either:
· A Massachusetts resident currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a two-or four-year college or university OR
· A currently enrolled in or recent graduate of a Massachusetts two-or four-year college or university.
MTIP summer interns may be:
· Currently enrolled students of either two or four-year colleges, who have completed at least their first year of studies
· Recent college graduates who have received their Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree within the past year
· Recent college graduates who are currently candidates for Master’s or PhD degrees
· Service Members and Members of the Guard and Reserve who are Mass residents, graduates of 2-year or 4-year colleges, and have transitioned from active duty to veteran status within the past 18 months (DD-214 documentation marking the date of your transition will be necessary)
MTIP summer interns may NOT be:
· Anyone who is the spouse, child, grandchild, sibling, niece, nephew, or spouse of a child, grandchild, sibling, niece, or nephew of ANY employee of the company
· Anyone who is currently or has already been supported during the calendar year (Jan-Dec) by any other state-sponsored program.