6/5/18: All internships stipends for summer 2018 are now reserved. The waitlist is full, and we are no longer accepting applications. Thank you for your interest in the program.
Supported by the Baker-Polito Administration and the Massachusetts Legislature, the MassTech Intern Partnership (MTIP) program provides stipends to digital technology companies that are starting and scaling-up across Massachusetts to directly support internships for Massachusetts college and graduate students.
The program enables eligible companies to hire eligible interns, helping drive innovation and keeping our tech sector dynamic, vibrant, and growing across the Commonwealth. Companies can be reimbursed for up to 50% of the intern's hourly wage up to $8 per hour for a total of $3,200/year per individual intern. Eligible companies may apply for up to 2 interns per period. This year, eligible companies in the priority focus areas of Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Internet of Things (IoT), and Robotics may apply for up to 3 interns per program period. All interns must be compensated as employees, not contractors, with required payroll withholdings.
The 2018 MTIP program continues to support digital technology startups and tech companies on the critical pathway to growth. In order to be eligible to participate, companies must:
- be headquartered in Massachusetts;
- have 100 or fewer employees;
- hire a talented eligible intern this summer; and
- pay the intern as a W-2 employee with required payroll withholdings.
Important Updates for 2018:
MTIP will accept applications in two phases:
- March 14 - March 31, 2018: MTIP will be open to applications from eligible tech companies in four priority focus areas - Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Internet of Things (IoT), and Robotics.
- April 1 - July 1, 2018: MTIP will be open to applications from all eligible tech companies. Program is closed effective 6/5/18.
This year, eligible Cybersecurity, Digital Health, Internet of Things (IoT), and Robotics companies may apply for up to 3 interns per program period.
Application Steps for Interested Companies:
Interested companies must apply to reserve funding. Stipend reimbursements will be issued at the end of the summer to accepted companies with signed Intern Sponsorship Agreements only.
Help us spread the word by downloading the following flyer:
Need more information? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.