The MassTech Executive Director Search
Seeking a Dynamic, Forward-Thinking Leader
to Bring Together, Shape, & Transform the Mass. Innovation Economy
The Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (“MassTech”) is seeking a leader who can build upon the organization’s 35 year track record and continue to drive the outcomes that have consistently ranked Massachusetts as the top state when it comes to innovation, technology, and advancing the digital economy.
About the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative (MassTech)
MassTech is a unique public agency, created to support the vibrant tech and innovation economy across Massachusetts. We support business formation and growth, helping the Commonwealth lead in the global digital economy.
To achieve these goals, MassTech:
- Builds statewide and regional economic development strategies;
- Strengthens connections within local and regional innovation & entrepreneurial communities;
- Assists emerging and scaling companies;
- Invests in game-changing R&D technologies, helping drive innovation in emerging tech sectors; and
- Leads strategic, statewide initiatives focused on talent, innovation ecosystems, and infrastructure.
MassTech’s strength is due to the insights and ideas generated through our partnerships with the Commonwealth’s leading tech and innovation communities. These meaningful collaborations bring together leaders from industry, academia, and government, with MassTech acting as the catalyst, helping the Commonwealth turn shared challenges into economic opportunity.
The Leadership Opportunity at MassTech
The ideal candidate for the Executive Director role will possess a balance of these three qualities:
The success of the Executive Director is recognized when:
- Stakeholders in academia and industry are engaged in shaping the tech and innovation economy in Massachusetts;
- Partners in government turn to MassTech for expertise;
- Massachusetts retains its national leadership status in the tech and innovation economy;
- There is a clear vision and mission that can be articulated by every employee;
- The strategic plan is documented and supported by an action plan with milestones;
- There is organizational alignment with the vision, mission and strategic plan;
- Board relationships are cultivated and role as a public official is honored;
- Programs are delivered with high quality, on budget, and with measurable outcomes;
- Employee retention is high and recruitment efforts yield superior talent.
Do you have what it takes?
For more information or to apply to be the next leader of MassTech visit https://masstech.workable.com/.